Welcome to Portobello Dance School
The school’s mission is to provide affordable dance for young people.
As part of a dance charity, donations allow us to provide high quality training for less.
We have an open doors policy, so all are welcome!
Our students are children from 3yrs to teens to young adults.
We teach Ballet, Tap and Street.
In Ballet, we teach the BBO (British Ballet Organization) syllabus, but exams are not compulsory.
Saturdays 9am–7pm (see Timetable)
The Dance Studio, The Tabernacle, 34–35 Powis Square, London W11 2AY.
Nearest tubes: Westbourne Park. Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill.
£51 for 6 classes (£8.50 each), or £11 drop in
- Please always check the timetable for current classes and where they are being held.
- Newcomers to the school are placed into an age-specified class, or appropriate ability class.
- We may ask for proof of a child’s age, as children under 3 years may not participate.
- Students should arrive 15 minutes before their class to get into the correct dancewear and warm up.
- Newcomers should arrive 30 minutes before their class to enrol onto the school register.
- The correct wear must be worn in class (see Dancewear section below).
- No jewellery may be worn and long hair must be tied back.
- Students should change in the designated room and not in the dance studio.
- Participation is disallowed if students are over 10 minutes late from the start of the class.
- No food, drink, sweets, or chewing gum allowed in the dance studio.
- Should a student demonstrate bad behaviour, they may be asked to leave that class.
- After a class, please leave as quickly/quietly as possible as other classes will be starting.
- Guardians must not be present during a class , and may wait in the changing rooms.
- Guardians should collect students promptly. (Staff may supervise a young student if guardians are late in picking them up, but this is disruptive as this interferes with their duties.)
Regulation BBO (British Ballet Organization) leotards must be worn for all ballet classes and can be purchased from the school. http://www.bbo.org.uk/BBO/Default.asp
Ballet shoes and tights are available from from Gandolfi’s – 150 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5BN Tel: 020 7935 6049 www.gandolfi.co.uk
Street / Tap
Loose sports tops and bottoms and trainers are acceptable, but proper wear is recommended.
Regulation school dance tops (T-shirts / sweatshirts) are available for sale.
Tap shoes from Gandolfi’s – 150 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5BN
Tel: 020 7935 6049 www.gandolfi.co.uk